Friday, January 2, 2009

Bonne Année 2009!

I arrived in France Tuesday afternoon after an uneventful flight from Minneapolis, a short and rushed connection in Amsterdam, and a quick flight to Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris. I met up with my sister outside of the baggage claim, and we boarded a shuttle for our resort at Disneyland Paris. We spent two nights at the Hotel Santa Fe, the cheapest resort but still rather pricey. It was all worth it though, as we had a wonderful time running around the two theme parks and counting down to the new year in French with lots of fireworks.
New Year's day we took the metro into our hotel, at the Porte de Montreuil in Paris' 20th arondissment. Since Sam had to leave for the airport at about 4am, we just went to eat and then went to bed early. After sending her along in a taxi to the airport, I got my affairs together, had breakfast at the hotel and took the metro back to De Gaulle. There I was able to meet up with most of the group from my programme, where we had a short flight here to Montpellier.



I'm now in the hotel in Montepellier where I'll be staying for the next few days before moving into my dorm. We're free for the rest of the evening, so I'll probably start wandering around the town, find some food and what not. I'm already very impressed by what I've seen, and I'm quite excited for everything that's yet to come!

No comments: