Saturday, April 18, 2009

Eireann

Friday morning in Glasgow was cold, so after taking several pictures near the river Clyde we sought refuge in a mall until it was time to catch the bus for the airport. Our flight for Belfast was just before three, and lasted only about 25 minutes - shortest flight I've ever been on! We were to our hostel before five, and went to explore the city.

We went first by the Queen's University where the botanical gardens are located. The blooming flowers were absolutely gorgeous. We explored the city streets headed for the city centre spending the rest of the evening wandering about.

This morning we took the train to Dublin to meet my sister and so Stevie could have a chance to visit the Republic of Ireland. We only spent a few hours, but I felt like it was my turn to be tour guide since I remembered the layout of the streets from when I was there in February.

We got back into Belfast around 7, and since Stevie is flying to Nice early tomorrow morning we spent just a little longer looking around the city before returning to the hostel. I'm not flying back to Paris until tomorrow evening, so I still have one more day in Belfast before my break is effectively over - getting into Paris late and taking a train back to Montpellier Monday morning!

No comments: