Monday, April 27, 2009

back in the saddle

Since Sam's spending her summer in Florida, I went up to Birmingham for one last weekend of mayhem in order to spend a little more time with her. Saw a few movies, ate some good food, went back to Cadbury World... We planned on hitting up a scifi convention but it was just too far from the city centre, such is life. Thus was my sixth trip into the UK this semester, my last real one, and probably a good thing the way the immigration people have started to get suspicious of me... Hehe. Spent Thursday night in Stansted airport before heading by train to Brum, staying in the coffee shop which was thankfully open 24 hours. Coming home was a Sunday night flight from Birmingham to Marseille, where I decided to splurge on a hotel near the airport since my train for Montpellier wasn't until eight this morning and I got in by 10... A good night's sleep is never unappreciated before class.

Except there was no class. Sometime over the weekend the strikers had come back and reblocked the campus; I waited for 20 minutes outside a barricaded classroom for a Prof who never showed up. I just got word my lit test for Wednesday was cancelled, so I'm writing another four page paper after all. And I have no idea what's going to happen with German, and if I should even bother getting up tomorrow... At least this is almost over. Being here with no class at least means I can see everything I missed in Montpellier whilst I was busy travelling everywhere else in Europe. So worth it, though.

No comments: