Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day

Today's a national holiday in France (fête du travail - labour day) which means absolutely nothing is open, the buses and trams aren't running, and of course there's a protest at the Comédie. Now, I'm hiding in my room trying to finish my last paper, but I know of this because people have come around knocking on all the doors in the dormitory handing out fliers and encouraging everyone to "venez nombreux" in support of whatever cause they were fighting for this time. I'm down with "fighting for your rights" and all, but it seems to me the more often you do so the less effective it probably becomes. What do I know, though. I'm just another frustrated foreign student who's simply hoping she can take her German test next week since she's leaving a few days later for good.

Can hardly believe that - 10 days until I depart France, 5 more and then I'm home. Time has flown by, but it hasn't seemed to accomplish much. Speaking of which...

No comments: