Thursday, May 21, 2009

This is the end... (of the innocence?)

After a mere four and a half months, I found myself back in Minnesota, with not even a day to recover before driving my sister to Florida, 24 hours of driving time of which I drove at least 19. Coming back I felt like I had never left - everything was the same, my semester in France only a dream. Yet I know I've changed - my plans for the future more solidified, and every time I open my mouth something strange comes out, I'm using French words like they're English, and random British expressions. I don't even understand me half the time.

So this was a good experience? Of course. I learnt a lot. Was it as fulfilling as Korea? Probably not; between the strike and my constant travel I didn't really integrate myself as I had there. On top of that my French was significantly better upon arrival than my Korean had been.

Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. This was the best four and a half months of my life. If nothing else, my wanderlust has been satiated for a little while anyway.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Welcome back. :)