Sunday, May 3, 2009

I think I have sand in my camera...

Yesterday I finally made it to the beach, and do I ever have the sunburn to show for it! I went with my friend Bridgette, with the intention of studying a little for our German test while sitting on the sand. I ended up playing in the water (which was absolutely freezing) while she was sunbathing, then sat to dry whilst looking over my textbook for a little while. We didn't end up staying very long, mostly out of boredom but also because the wind kept blowing sand everywhere - it was starting to get annoying.

On the bus back to Montpellier from Pérols (where the beach we went to is located), we stopped off at a mall in Lattes, which was dominated by a Carrefour, a gigantic French store which is sort of like a super wal-mart or some such, except about three times as big, and actually worth going into. There aren't any in Montpellier itself so I wanted to check it out. We ended up getting granitas to cool off and wandering around in the lovely air conditioning for a while before heading back to do some real studying. It's too bad I only went to the beach once, but honestly I don't think my pasty white skin could take any more than that!

2 comments:

Colin Welch said...

I'm going to be so tan when I see you next. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't everyone? :)